Which GS provider Recommended

If you have any questions about installing AIXStatistics on your server, this is the place to be.

Moderators: Helpers, AIXStatistics Crew

Which GS provider Recommended

Postby JimmyCorpsVRAD » Tue May 30, 2017 10:14 pm

I was all ready to set up our AIX server with the stats when everything started suddenly going sideways with the servers.

What providers do y'all recommend I go with? What's the most popular one's out there?

Cheers :D
JimmyCorpsVRAD

Re: Which GS provider Recommended

Postby Brewmeisterman » Wed May 31, 2017 8:05 pm

Hello,
It all depends on what type of server you need. Do you want a ready to go game server fully configured and managed for you by the provider, or a plain server box that is totally yours to do with as you wish?

The AIX server is in Strasbourg and is just a plain Linux box with only a Centos operating system, that's it, nothing more. The AIX crew setup the game, the forum, the stats etc. from scratch. Our provider does not do game servers but have the advantages of lower costs, can do anything I like with it and the contract is only on a rolling month.

A dedicated game server is usually priced by the number of players so costs will vary. One thing to check before you commit is whether they allow you to install MODS like AIX. Some do, some don't but you possibly have to install it yourself if they do. Dedicated servers do not usually allow root access which can be a pain when you want to upload maps or edit server settings etc.

A third option is a home server which is easy to do IF (and it's a big if) you have sufficient UPLOAD speed on your internet connection. (around 5mb up)

If you rent a server then you will probably be better with a North American company.

https://www.soyoustart.com/en/game-servers/ has centres in Canada. I have had no dealings with them so can't say good or bad but they didn't get this big by being crap.

At the end of the day you pays your money and takes a chance, just don't get locked into a long contract.

Brew
Brewmeisterman
AIXStatistics Crew

Re: Which GS provider Recommended

Postby JimmyCorpsVRAD » Wed May 31, 2017 9:14 pm

Thanx boss
JimmyCorpsVRAD

Return to [AIXS] Serveradmin Help