STAT PADDING

Announcements about AIX and the Battlefield for All server
Only the AIXStatistics Crew is able to start topics in this forum.

Moderator: AIXStatistics Crew

STAT PADDING

Postby Brewmeisterman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 pm

After numerous complaints I have suspended the stats system until further notice. Your stats are not lost - just suspended.
Hopefully players will use this forum, or Teamspeak to let me know their opinions, for or against regarding stat padding.
I'm not, I hope, too insistent on strict rules but it obviously irks players when someone goes from zero to hero in a matter of weeks and does not play within the 'spirit' of the game.

Brew
no-avatar
Brewmeisterman
AIXStatistics Crew

Re: STAT PADDING

Postby Quick*Rele@se* » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:58 pm

Smart move Brewmeisterman, I totally agree on your decision on this matter, I also have seen and notices bad stat padding is going on, to build up their points in a short period of time to become top guy, too someone that has been playing the mod over 5 years and has put in many hours of hard teamwork, capping flag and fighting to their death to get the points, I'm not going to point fingers, they know who they are.
Last edited by Quick*Rele@se* on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quick*Rele@se*

Postby Quick*Rele@se* » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:01 pm

But I also think that it unfair to other player's to be punish for other's greed...
Quick*Rele@se*

Postby MadMedic2015 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks for allowing this time for players to express their views. This is a shrinking community with multiple servers sharing the stats. There have always been concerns and accusations of stat padding. I find it interesting that recent servers that accused and banned players for alleged padding are now doing it themselves. I don't expect to be #1 , with this mod being as old as it is alot of players have put time in to get ranking. I play for personal challenge and team efforts. It waters down the ranking if players can play certain maps repeatedly for high ticket counts. Ranking used to be skill and time. It would not bother me if Ranks were reset to ZERO and start again. Anyone upset by this current situation can go to other ranked servers or apply for other ranking ability ( other servers have their own). :-)
no-avatar
MadMedic2015

Postby shiney » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:57 am

Brewmeisterman wrote:After numerous complaints I have suspended the stats system until further notice. Your stats are not lost - just suspended.
Hopefully players will use this forum, or Teamspeak to let me know their opinions, for or against regarding stat padding.
I'm not, I hope, too insistent on strict rules but it obviously irks players when someone goes from zero to hero in a matter of weeks and does not play within the 'spirit' of the game.

Brew

I agree wholeheartedly that this needed to be done. The guilty ones have certainly crossed the line on this subject, as well as banned people from their server for no viable reason whatsoever. Brew, you have the backing of the AIX community for doing just that, and perhaps revoke their ability to utilize your stats system completely, or reset their scores to zero might be the appropriate discipline as well. That is my opinion on this matter, and thank you for doing what you have done.
no-avatar
shiney

Postby RiP-Master » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi aixs,

habt ihr imm noch probleme mit stat-pushern ?

dann solltet ihr euch erklären, bevor noch mehr spieler verloren gehen.

gruss: +rip+
RiP-Master

Postby Brewmeisterman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Hallo RiP
See my original post for the reason the stats are temporarily turned off.
The offending server was offered their own private stats system but have chosen not to make use of it. As for losing players then pay attention to Gametracker and you will see that players are increaslingly choosing non AIX ranked servers. I don't know if this a result of their discontent but if it continues there is little to no point me maintaining the server for less than six players.
One more point, I have had e-mails and PMs supporting my decision, none against.

Brew

PS All stats and ranks are preserved, nothing has been lost.
no-avatar
Brewmeisterman
AIXStatistics Crew

Postby Paule » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:35 pm

Hallo Brew
Du bekommst nur Ruhe wenn du beide Bannst,und wenn du die Stat-Seite nullst,bann beide vor der nullung.Weil die hören dir nicht zu denen ist das egal.

Gruß.Paul
no-avatar
Paule

Return to AIX(S) Announcements