Special Ops/ Special forces unlocks

Players can ask for help with installing/downloading mappacks for/etc. AIX2.0

Moderators: AIX Crew, Helpers, AIXStatistics Crew

Special Ops/ Special forces unlocks

Postby Merc41 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi everyone, it has been a while since I have posted here, but I have come across a problem and would like to see if you all may have a solution.

I am running my own AIX 2.0 server off of my computer here at the house. I am using BF2Statistics Control Center as my main launcher. All works perfectly.

My problem is when I set the game server to allow all unlocks, they are all available except those for the Special Operations weapons. All I have is the default rifle and no ability to select another one. The two arrows on the selection button at the right of the rifle are not there. All other weapons have them and they do work.

I have been researching this for quite some time now and have edited my object servers files with no results.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark
Merc41

Re: Special Ops/ Special forces unlocks

Postby Brewmeisterman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi Mark good to hear from you again, how you doing?
Unlocks on special forces do not work for the most part and has always been that way. There is however an exception to the rule. Some maps, not all, will show unlocks but only if you play on the Chinese side.
Quite why this is I have no idea, there is obviously a glitch but It seems no one knows how to fix it. I certainly don't

Brew
Brewmeisterman
AIXStatistics Crew

Postby Merc41 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:52 am

Hey Brewmeisterman, sure has been a long time alright....I am still kicking glad to see you are as well.

Ah ok on the Chinese side and on certain maps...that really is strange, wonder why that is? Stuff like that just makes me more curious. LOL

No one else knows how to fix it either. I have seen quite a few "cures" for this condition, but none of them worked for me. I guess I will just have to deal with the one weapon and forget the rest. lol.

Glad you guys are still keeping the forum up and running. And from what I have seen, it looks like you have a server up and running as well. I will have to figure out how to install another battlefield 2 on my computer so I can give it a try. Right now I have my own server, on my laptop, that I use and in order to keep playing it, I will have to install another bf2 on my computer in a different folder in order to play a different version.

Thanks again Brewmeisterman for answering...

Mark
Merc41

Postby Noremork » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:58 am

Hey fellas! Sorry for bumping this, but i just came across something weird about this problem...

So I have the same problem than Merc, all unlocks except for SO class. I was playing the map Conex Hill (Rhino was online too) and in that map you're able to change the SO weapon. So I changed it, for the SCAR-L. And weirdly enough the change carried over to other maps (maps which you can't change the weapon of this class). From that point on, SO class weapon default was SCAR-L instead of XM-8. I quit the server, quit the game and later came back, the change wasn't undone.

I don't know where i'm going with this, but i thought it was interesting enough and just got me curious if that happened to someone else...?

Sorry about the english...

Take care, fellas... and see you online!
Noremork

Postby Brewmeisterman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Normork your English is excellent!
The 'carry over' of SO weapons has been known for quite awhile but the explantion is still a total mystery. I saw you on the carrier with the weapon (Archipelago) and wondered why you were still for so long.
Brewmeisterman
AIXStatistics Crew

Postby Noremork » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Thanks Brew. Glad I could make myself clear haha...

Hmm...This is weird. Does that happen with other variations? Like the NWM maps that have some other weapons for SO class (since it's required their mini-mod and so on), does this "carry over" happen with them too?
Noremork

Postby Brewmeisterman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:38 am

I only have two or three NWM maps on the server, (they cause a lot of problems for us) and non of them use anything out of the ordinary. I don't know if there is a 'carry over'.
Brew
Brewmeisterman
AIXStatistics Crew

Postby RiP-Master » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi,

mit den unlocks gibt es wohl einige probleme ...

@Brew: was bedeutet carry over ? ich kann es wörtlich übersetzen aber es gibt keinen sinn.

+rip+
RiP-Master

Postby Brewmeisterman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Hallo RiP
Still looking for a solution to the unlock situation. I thought it was something in the Python files but comparing my files to Skullsmashers shows they are identical. The suspicion is now with BF2Hub but I can't see how. It has to be a mis-redirect somehwere.

Carry over:
If you select a different weapon when playing Special Ops (some maps have SO unlocks) then start a new map you will keep the Spec Ops weapon. The weapon 'carries over/continues' to the next map. So if you select the Scarl in one map and it is unavailable in the next you will still keep it.

Brew

Edit.
I have just had a conversation with Goose1959. He has a second account. If he plays as Goose he has unlocks, playing his second account he does not. Now I'm really confused!
Brewmeisterman
AIXStatistics Crew

Postby RiP-Master » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi,

wir haben heute einen aufwendigen test gestartet mit dem wir unsere seit langem funktionierenden client-konstellationen testen wollten.

client_1:
win7_64, bf2 mit dem bf2hub-client 1.6x auf bf2hub geschaltet.
- trash open end- im bf2 folder wurden 2 dateien ausgetausch, deren sinn oder zweck undefiniert sind.
die beiden dateien haben wir durch die bf2-originale ersetzt. keine negativen reaktionen von bf2hub.
- die dns-redirects in der hosts-datei haben wir glöscht und in die hosts.ics eingetragen. > funktioniert
- den bf2hub-client haben wir aus dem auto-start von windoof genommen: wird nicht gebraucht.

client_2:
komplettes bf2 mit aix2. OHNE bf2client ! die host.ics von client_1 haben wir nach client_2 kopiert: funktioniert ohne probleme.

--- bei beiden clients ist: 85.25.27.4 BF2web.gamespy.com

für den weiteren test haben wir einen neuen spieler-account bei bf2hub eingerichtet: hat problemlos funktioniert
- das profile des neuen account haben wir nach client_2 kopiert und gestartet: funktioniert.

-- bis hier funktioniert die kommunikation zwisch clients und bf2hub fehlerfrei --

nun zum wichtigsten test: client > server > aixs

1. test: client_1 + neuer accout: kurz auf unserem game-server gespielt, 150 punkte, erste beförderung und spiel beendet.
bei aixs nachgeschaut: alles korrekt angekommen.

2. test: mit client_2 , 2. beförderung er-spielt. aixs: ok

3. test: mit client_1 die 3. beförderung geholt, spiel beendet.

im server-brauser gab es dann 2 unlocks zum freischalten.
- sind in aixs angekommen und im spiel verfügbar.

wenn ich jetzt noch das genau so problem-freie funktionieren bei unseren spieler-accounts dazu nehme,
dann ist festzu stellen:
AIXS funktioniert einwand frei.

damit wäre zumindest eine fehler quelle aus zu schliessen.

zur weiteren fehlersuche muss man dann tiefer in die client / server installation einsteigen.

+rip+
RiP-Master

Next

Return to [AIX2.0] Player Help