DDoS Attack

Players can ask for help with installing/downloading mappacks for/etc. AIX2.0

Moderators: AIX Crew, Helpers, AIXStatistics Crew

DDoS Attack

Postby Brewmeisterman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:51 am

Hello,
Yesterday I posted this explaining why the server was offline:

The whole site was being used as redirected DDoS port attack and was suspended by the server provider. An abuse notice was issued giving a 12 hour notice of disconnection if I did not take preventative action, I failed.

The server was being used (China top suspect) to bombard Google.com with millions of data packets per SECOND. Understandably this got up Googles nose a bit so they issued an abuse notice to the server company.

I am not, nor have ever claimed to be a programmer and for a awhile could not find a solution. I HATE LINUX! I took the shotgun approach by closing the relevant port and that brought the game back but took the website, forum and stats offline. I tried different things and managed to jab Google in the ribs again to the point where they issued two more abuse notices.

Hopefully I have set the iptables to reject any unauthorised redirects and the forum, website and stats are back, fingers crossed I've got it right this time.

There's plenty of information out there about a Google / Chinese cyberwar, it seems we are stuck in the middle.

It appears I still have a problem, the stats are down and at the moment I'm at a loss as to why. They were working before I switched the Apache server back on, now they don't. :evil:

Any Centos experts out there?

Brew

Edit:
Well it seems to have beaten me, the stats are down and no matter what I try I can't bring them back..... :-(
Brewmeisterman
AIXStatistics Crew

Re: DDoS Attack

Postby Rogue(RS)Rhino » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:48 am

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for trying. Could you get any suggestions from other sites for BF2/AIX?
Rogue(RS)Rhino

Postby Brewmeisterman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Still exploring every avenue Rhino...
Brewmeisterman
AIXStatistics Crew

Postby Rogue(RS)Rhino » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Brewmeisterman wrote:Still exploring every avenue Rhino...

I'm sure you are and again thanks of all that you are doing to provide a good site for us to game on.
Rogue(RS)Rhino

Return to [AIX2.0] Player Help